- Mar 27, 2022
Business & Technical Writing Immersion Download For Free
What you’ll learn
- To understand and define your audience and intended outcome before starting to write.
- To apply a systematic writing process that works each and every time, and will stick with you for years.
- To organize your ideas and thoughts in a better way to ensure your audience “gets it,” and you land your points effectively.
- To compose clear, concise communications which impresses your audience, gets the job done, and improves your career trajectory.
- To draft documents are well-planned, thoughtful and ensure ease of readability for your audience.
- To get your email points heard immediately, at the top of the communications, helping you to get what you want.
- To increase the speed and productivity of your digital, written, and oral communication.
- Knowledge of the English language.
DescriptionThis program is one of the most highly rated business and technical writing courses online for as very good reason, as confirmed by over 25,000 students and over 3,250 reviews:
- It is ‘clear, informative and concise’
- It is ‘detailed, practical and contains many practical tips’
- The instructor is ‘conversational and engaging’
These are among the many 1,000s of reviews, and a few of the many reasons you should take this course.
* * * * *
To write emails, business documents, reports, and other professional communications effectively, it is essential to implement a simple yet proven and systematic approach. This “writing system” was created by Dan Graham years ago and has stood the test of time. The system is subject of various books, hundreds company and business lectures, and now the practice of many 100s of 1000s of professionals worldwide.
The writing system uses 12 steps and almost 60 practical techniques to walk you through from initial writing analysis to final copy, producing documents that succeed every time. For each writing technique, the course provides tutorial with exercises and thoughtful answers. Special instructions help professionals for whom English is a second language. Advanced techniques help teams write long documents such as proposals. This course includes a separate section about writing professional emails, covering tenses, verbiage, and tone.
The program is built from videos and supplemental pdf documents where you follow along with Dan, including through e-book extracts that align to and support each of the videos. The program includes 38 video modules, as well as supplemental materials, averaging approximately 7-10 minutes each.
The modules are structured, as follows:
- Introduction & Overview
- Step 1 – Analyze Purpose
- Step 2 – Analyze Audience
- Step 3 – Writing the Purpose Statement
- Step 4 – Gathering information
- Step 5 – Writing the sentence outline
- Step 6 – Writing the draft
- Step 7 – Revising content and organization
- Step 8 – Editing for coherence
- Step 9 – Editing for clarity
- Step 10 – Editing for economy
- Step 11 – Editing for readability
- Step 12 – Conclusion and final thoughts
- Appendix B – Tips for writing emails
- Appendix C – ESL Articles, Attitude and Approach, and Tenses
The instructor and his support team are available for the lifetime of your course access to answer any questions and comments. The goal is to help you polish and perfect your writing communications skills.
More about this course and Starweaver
This course is led by a seasoned author, editor, business executive and technical writer with many years of hands-on, in-the-trenches editing and writing work. It has been designed, produced and delivered by Starweaver. Starweaver is one of the most highly regarded, well-established training providers in the World, providing training courses to many of the leading financial institutions and technology companies, including:
Ahli United Bank; Mashreqbank; American Express; ANZ Bank; ATT; Banco Votorantim; Bank of America; Bank of America Global Markets; Bank of America Private Bank; Barclay Bank; BMO Financial Group; BMO Financial Services; BNP Paribas; Boeing; Cigna; Citibank; Cognizant; Commerzbank; Credit Lyonnais/Calyon; Electrosonic; Farm Credit Administration; Fifth Third Bank; GENPACT; GEP Software; GLG Group; Hartford; HCL; HCL; Helaba; HSBC; HSBC Corporate Bank; HSBC India; HSBC Private Bank; Legal & General; National Australia Bank; Nomura Securities; PNC Financial Services Group; Quintiles; RAK Bank; Regions Bank; Royal Bank of Canada; Royal Bank of Scotland; Santander Corporate Bank; Tata Consultancy Services; Union Bank; ValueMomentum; Wells Fargo; Wells Fargo India Solutions; Westpac Corporate Bank; Wipro; and, many others.
Starweaver has and continues to deliver 1000s of live in person and online education for organizational training programs for new hires and induction, as well as mid-career and senior level immersion and leadership courses.
If you are looking for live streaming education or want to understand what courses might be best for you in technology or business, just google:
starweaver journey builder starweaver[dot]com
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for any level of participant, from recent college graduate, to the experienced executive, and everyone in between. It can be used as an immersion training, or as a brush-up of skills.
- Anyone who needs to communicate clearly and effectively, whether by email, proposal, technical document, etc.
RAR password: XDJ